Yes, I’m aware that I don’t look like I fancy thrill but I do. I love terror. I love those moments that I regret ever getting myself into. And that is why I have a blue plastic bucket – so that I can put into it some of those terrifying things and other less terrific things that I want to do before I die. And death is certain. As certain as the fact that you have used a bucket at least once in your life. But whether or not I will manage to remove these items from my bucket before I kick it is uncertain.
When I look inside my blue plastic bucket, it should remind me to try and achieve at least 70% of the things therein. It should motivate me to work towards emptying it. And so, if you so wish, take a peep inside my blue plastic bucket:-
1. Tour Greece:
- See Mt. Olympia.
- Ancient Olympia.
- Acropolis of Athens.
- Ancient Epidaurus.
- The Sanctuary of Dion.
- The National Museums of Greece.
2. See with my very eyes the 7 wonders of the ancient world and other magnificent sites:
- The great wall of China.
- Christ the Redeemer Statue of Rio de Janeiro.
- Machu Pichu in Peru.
- Chichen Itza in Mexico.
- The Roman Colosseum in Rome.
- Taj Mahal in India.
- Petra in Jordan.
- The Grand Canyon.
- Great Pyramids of Giza.
- Northern Lights.
3. Tour the World:
- Green land.
4. Dive and Jump:
- Sky Diving and Paragliding.
- Scuba dive in beautiful reefs like the Barracuda point in Malaysia, the Yongala in Australia among others.
- Bunjee jumping.
5. Nature and Safaris.
- Tour the Amazon.
- See the Everest.
- Game drives in African planes such:
- Maasai Mara.
- Tsavo National Park.
- Moremi Game Reserve.
- Canoeing in Zambia’s waters.
- Cruising by ship from continent to continent.
- Hot Air ballooning.
- Zip Lining.
- Any AMG model on a racing track (probably in Germany).
- On a chariot.
- On an elephant.
- A transit goods truck from Mombasa to Congo and back.
- A ranch with cattle and horses.
- A secret bungalow near a forest.
- A Land Rover Defender 110.
- At least one form of martial arts.
In say, the Sahara desert (with all them scorpions and sandstorms) for a week , or some other crazy adversity.
I know some of you are learned and are against plastics, but if you walk down Jogoo road you will be able to buy a metal bucket. So you have no excuse for not having a bucket list, and even worse, for not ticking at least 3 items off that list.
NOTE: My bucket fills and reduces based on daily life occurrences.