I know I don’t look like it, but I love thrill. I love those situations that stimulate great fear in me. I love to feel a certain thin cold sweat trickle down my spine, beads of sweat forming on my forehead and my heart throbbing inside my chest with violence like a mad untamed cat. You know those moments of uncertainty when your stomach just feels bloated and full of water, those are the moments I am talking about.
As at today, I have achieved very few of those described situations and if I have any, they were not the once I long for. To remind myself of these things, I decided to then create a bucket list.
A bucket list is a bucket with a list of things that you wants to achieve/experience in the near or far future, but before you die – kick the same bucket. When I look at my bucket list, it should remind me to try and achieve at least 70% of it’s content. This means it should motivate me to work towards striking through the items one after the other.
So, things that my heart yearns to do before my leg kicks the same damn bucket and spills it’s contents are following:
1. Tour Greece:
- See Mt. Olympia.
- Ancient Olympia.
- Acropolis of Athens.
- Ancient Epidaurus.
- The Sanctuary of Dion.
- The National Museums of Greece.
2. See with my very eyes the 7 wonders of the ancient world and other magnificent sites:
- The great wall of China.
- Christ the Redeemer Statue of Rio de Janeiro.
- Machu Pichu in Peru.
- Chichen Itza in Mexico.
- The Roman Colosseum in Rome.
- Taj Mahal in India.
- Petra in Jordan.
- The Grand Canyon.
- Great Pyramids of Giza.
- Northern Lights.
3. Tour the World:
- Green land.
4. Dive and Jump:
- Sky Diving and Paragliding.
- Scuba dive in beautiful reefs like the Barracuda point in Malaysia, the Yongala in Australia among others.
- Bunjee jumping.
5. Nature and Safaris.
- Tour the Amazon.
- See the Everest.
- Game drives in African planes such:
- Maasai Mara.
- Tsavo National Park.
- Moremi Game Reserve.
- Canoeing in Zambia’s waters.
- Cruising by ship from continent to continent.
- Hot Air ballooning.
- Zip Lining.
- Any AMG model on a racing track.
- On a chariot.
- On an elephant.
- A transit goods truck from Mombasa to Congo and back.
- A ranch with many cattle and horses.
- A secret bungalow built near a forest.
- A Land Rover Defender 110.
- At least one form of martial arts.
In say, the Sahara desert (with all them scorpions and sandstorms) for a week , or some other crazy adversity.
Do you have a bucket list? If you don’t, you are not OK, you need to make one ASAP.
NOTE: The list is not static and may increase depending on daily life happenings.